Saturday, August 8, 2009

Ideal Idle Weekend :)

Another Weekend…
If weekend meant to be lazy and lying on your bed whole day and not getting up then it is going to be the perfect weekend.

After Nitya flying away from Bangalore (actually india) all weekends are no more different. Today too, I woke up after mid day.
After seeing movie (name itself is censored) last night on my laptop when I slept, I got call from Juhi at Sardar-Time. We could hardly talk for ten minutes may be cause I was tired or I had a pretty bad throat. But I lost my sleep after our talk. No...No... No, it was not a romantic talk but I guess these days I am having very delicate and fragile sleep (another drawback of highly overrated professional life). Once it was broken, it was gone with the wind out of my open window.

12:15 AM
After trying almost half an hour to sleep, I open my laptop and started a movie Killshot from my huge collection of movies. Believe me it was not a kind of movie you would like to watch at 1:00 am or may be anytime. But I finished it without taking any break.

1:45 AM
Still Awake…
Lets see Friends, Just a couple of days back I downloaded the first season of it.
After seeing first 7 episodes, I decided to give my Friends a break.
Meanwhile I got two SMS of Sankalp. I think he was drunk.

Wow… Another movie 'A walk to remember', which I kept on downloading is done with downloading.

5:00 AM
Its almost 5:00 in the morning. I decided to wait till 5:45 and then go for morning walk or jogging. I walked outside my bedroom, went to the balcony, felt the freshness of morning breeze and came back in my bed. After seeing half an hour of the movie, I don’t know it was the effect of fresh cool-calm air or my tired eyes, I switched the light off and slept...(Yes, I rarely put off light while sleeping)…till 12:30.


Lots of things happening these days even if my life is pretty much stagnant.

I got promoted, got appraisal. Well I wont quantify it, but I was pretty much upset (my expectations were high). But yes, I have been raised up on rank and on numbers.

I learned to play Table Tennis, just after getting the announcement of a doubles TT tournament in the company.
First things first… I bought TT Bat. I don’t wanna borrow, I prefer to own. Then I studied all the rules of TT from net and just jumped in the TT room. (is it some reason to skip my working hours in office???)
Believe me even in this very short and very early my novice TT career, my win to loss ratio is pretty good and positive. I can boast of defeating some of experienced and good players in doubles as well as in singles. I call it Beginner’s luck. (or whether they were taking me too lightly?)… Well… this so called Beginner’s luck was not so lucky on tournament day (may be till that time I was not a beginner anymore), and we (Team Prime… I named my team after the name of the Transformers movie robot Optimus Prime) got washed out in the very first round in two straight sets. I won’t describe it but I got my share of appreciation in that game. Mind you, it was a doubles…(am I trying to give excuse of my defeat?) Well…. Lets talk something else.

I have lots of vacant time these days. Lots of pending novels on my pillow side, pending outings and pending activities. Seems I am becoming a government employee in my day to day activities. Trying to improve over it but its just not happening…Well keep trying.

My Fishes are doing well. These are perhaps the only living creatures I see during my apartment time. Still I am trying to get friendly with them. But I guess they don’t believe that I am Vegetarian these days and I never liked eating Fish even when I was Non-veggie.

One more day of this weekend is remaining. I have a feeling it wont be any different from today…apart from some room cleaning.
It sounds pretty boring…Isn’t? Come on… What a better way you can spend your weekend. Its way too cool. In last less than twenty four hours I have seen five movies and seven Friends Episodes. Can you beat it?
Won’t it be better if I skip my Room cleaning activity and improve the movie count for this weekend.
Hmmmmmmmm… Sounds cooooool… isn’t?

2 comments:

Juhi said...

wow...that was some weekend ...... hey once i completed one 2 seasons of friends in one day... so that bit i can beat.. and sorry to wake you up dude... catch up with ya soon.. me going home this weekend..

Maddy said...

ah that was completely ok...you know I am the fan of Batman and without me Gotham city will be in danger at night... so actually you saved it... (Bad joke ;))
AW have a fun trip to home...take care and in advance Happy Independence Day... Enjoy your Freedom :)